- Pano Anthos, Founder and Managing Director, XRC Labs
- Martin Block, Executive Director, Retail Analytics Council, and Professor, Integrated Marketing Communications Department, Northwestern University
- Jeff Burnstein, President, the Association for Advancing Automation
- Jeff Donaldson, CEO, Intriosity, and former SVP, GameStop
- Clive Humby, Chief Data Scientist, Starcount and Founder, Dunnhumby
- Rose Haft, CEO, Lumenora
- Kristian J. Hammond, Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University
- Martial Hebert, Director, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Andra Keay, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Robotics
- Jonathan Kough, Manager, Store Initiatives, Ahold Delhaize
- Staci Lehman, Business Consultant — IT Retail Systems, Ahold Delhaize
- Mark Mathews, Vice President, Research Development & Industry Analysis, National Retail Federation
- Steven Keith Platt, Research Director, Retail Analytics Council, and Director and Research Fellow, Platt Retail Institute
- Chad Stiernagle, Senior Director, Automated Retail, Best Buy
- Mike Tamir, Head of Data Science at Uber ATG and former Takt Chief Data Science Officer, UC Berkeley
- Deborah Weinswig, Managing Director, Fung Global Retail and Technology
CONFIRMED RETAIL ATTENDEES (among others):
- Ahold Delhaize
- American Eagle
- Associated Wholesale Grocers
- Best Buy
- C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Family Dollar
- Levi Strauss
- Tractor Supply
- Under Armour
WHO SHOULD ATTEND Retailers, academics, retail analysts, technologists, and others interested in the current and future implications of robotics and artificial intelligence in the retail industry.
You are invited to attend the opening reception/dinner, hosted by Badger Technologies. Meet speakers, Retail Analytics Council Advisory Board members, and your fellow Retail Robotics & AI Conference participants in an informal setting before the conference starts the following morning.
When: April 25, 2018, from 6-9 p.m.
Where: JW Marriott Union Square, Skyline Rooms A-B
What: Please join us as we experience a taste of Kentucky! Your experience will include great Kentucky bourbon tasting, Kentucky micro-brewery beers as well as a yummy Kentucky-inspired dinner and desserts. You will also have the opportunity to meet the Badger Technologies robot, who will be your main dinner host.
Why Kentucky? Kentucky is the home of Badger Technologies and their robot and we want to share a piece of our world with you!
Register: Once you are invited to attend and registered for the conference, you will be contacted by Badger Technologies to confirm your attendance at the opening reception.
Brought to you by:
Hotel and Transportation Information
There are many hotels at a variety of price points near the Northwestern University facility at 44 Montgomery St. Search “Union Square” or “Financial District” for locations closest to the conference venue. The reception the evening before will be at the JW Marriott Union Square.
The conference venue is about a two-minute walk to the Montgomery Street BART station, with frequent trains to the San Francisco International Airport. Ride time is about 30 minutes and the fare is currently $9.65 one way. Ride time for trains to the Oakland Airport is about 40 minutes and the one-way fare is currently $10.95.
The Retail Robotics & AI Conference will focus on emerging applications, advanced analytics, and industry trends. Presentation by leading academics and practitioners include:
- Retailers and Their Robots
- Current Research in Robotics and Applied Deep Learnings
- Intelligent Agent Assistants and Emerging Retail Robotics Applications
- Global Retail Perspective – Applications and Trends
- Robot Panel Presentations
- Building a 360 Degree View of the Customer
- AI in Retail
Attendance is open to retailers by invitation only, and is limited to 110 participants. This includes Retail Analytics Council Advisory Board members, C-level executives, academics, and leaders in the industry. The format is classroom style, with many opportunities to interact with the presenters and attendees. The event offers a unique opportunity to participate in the advancement of the retail industry’s research and technology through interaction with academics and professionals by means of expert panel discussions.
Retailers may request an invitation by completing the form below.