- Pano Anthos, Founder and Managing Director, XRC Labs
- Martin Block, Executive Director, Retail Analytics Council, and Professor, Integrated Marketing Communications Department, Northwestern University
- Jeff Burnstein, President, the Association for Advancing Automation
- Jeff Donaldson, CEO, Intriosity, and former SVP, GameStop
- Clive Humby, Chief Data Scientist, Starcount and Founder, Dunnhumby
- Rose Haft, CEO, Lumenora
- Kristian J. Hammond, Professor, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern University
- Martial Hebert, Director, Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Andra Keay, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Robotics
- Jonathan Kough, Manager, Store Initiatives, Ahold Delhaize
- Staci Lehman, Business Consultant — IT Retail Systems, Ahold Delhaize
- Mark Mathews, Vice President, Research Development & Industry Analysis, National Retail Federation
- Steven Keith Platt, Research Director, Retail Analytics Council, and Director and Research Fellow, Platt Retail Institute
- Chad Stiernagle, Former Senior Director, Automated Retail, Best Buy
- Mike Tamir, Head of Data Science at Uber ATG and former Takt Chief Data Science Officer, UC Berkeley
- Deborah Weinswig, CEO and Founder, Coresight Research
Confirmed Retail Attendees
The following retailers (among others) have secured invitations to attend:
- Ahold Delhaize
- American Eagle
- Associated Wholesale Grocers
- Best Buy
- Big Y Foods
- C&S Wholesale Grocers
- Family Dollar
- Hickory Farms
- L Brands
- Levi Strauss
- Peet’s Coffee
- Pier 1 Imports
- Sam’s Club
- Shinsegae Retail Group (South Korea)
- Sonic Automotive
- Stitch Fix
- Tractor Supply
- Under Armour
- Walmart Canada
WHO SHOULD ATTEND Retailers, academics, retail analysts, technologists, and others interested in the current and future implications of robotics and artificial intelligence in the retail industry.
The opening reception/dinner, hosted by Badger Technologies, will provide an opportunity to meet speakers, Retail Analytics Council Advisory Board members, and your fellow Retail Robotics & AI Conference participants in an informal setting before the conference starts the following morning.
To attend the pre-conference reception/dinner hosted by Badger Technologies on April 25 from 6-9 p.m., first request an invitation to the Retail Robotics & AI Conference. Once your registration for the conference is secured, you will receive an invitation to attend the opening reception/dinner and asked to RSVP to Badger Technologies to confirm your attendance at this pre-conference event. If you are ONLY interested in attending the reception/dinner, please email email@example.com.
When: April 25, 2018, from 6-9 p.m.
Where: JW Marriott Union Square, Skyline Rooms A-B
What: Please join us as we experience a taste of Kentucky! Your experience will include great Kentucky bourbon tasting, Kentucky micro-brewery beers as well as a yummy Kentucky-inspired dinner and desserts. You will also have the opportunity to meet the Badger Technologies robot, who will be your main dinner host.
Why Kentucky? Kentucky is the home of Badger Technologies and its robot, and Badger Technologies wants to share a piece of its world with you!
Register: Once you are invited to attend and registered for the conference, you will receive an invitation to attend the opening reception/dinner. Your RSVP to Badger Technologies will confirm your attendance at this pre-conference event.
Brought to you by:
Hotel and Transportation Information
There are many hotels at a variety of price points near the Northwestern University facility at 44 Montgomery St. Search “Union Square” or “Financial District” for locations closest to the conference venue. The reception the evening before will be at the JW Marriott Union Square.
The conference venue is about a two-minute walk to the Montgomery Street BART station, with frequent trains to the San Francisco International Airport. Ride time is about 30 minutes and the fare is currently $9.65 one way. Ride time for trains to the Oakland Airport is about 40 minutes and the one-way fare is currently $10.95.
Other transportation options include: SuperShuttle, taxis, and rideshare services such as Lyft and Uber.
See this document provided by Northwestern University SF for additional information on parking, nearby hotels, etc.
The Retail Robotics & AI Conference will focus on emerging applications, advanced analytics, and industry trends. Presentation by leading academics and practitioners include:
- Retailers and Their Robots
- Current Research in Robotics and Applied Deep Learnings
- Intelligent Agent Assistants and Emerging Retail Robotics Applications
- Global Retail Perspective – Applications and Trends
- Robotics and Retail AI Panel
- Building a 360 Degree View of the Customer
- AI in Retail
Attendance is open to retailers by invitation only, and is limited to 110 participants. This includes Retail Analytics Council Advisory Board members, C-level executives, academics, and leaders in the industry. The format is classroom style, with many opportunities to interact with the presenters and attendees. The event offers a unique opportunity to participate in the advancement of the retail industry’s research and technology through interaction with academics and professionals by means of expert panel discussions.
Retailers may request an invitation by completing the form below.