Retail Robotics & AI Conference
PRI and the Retail Analytics Council announce the first Retail Robotics & AI Conference, which will take place April 26, 2018, at Northwestern University’s San Francisco campus, 44 Montgomery St.
The conference will focus on emerging applications, advanced analytics, and industry trends. Presentations by leading academics and practitioners include: Deep Learning Natural Language Understanding Techniques; Data Applications and Effectuators; Robot Panel Presentations; a Global Retail Perspective; and a panel on Retailers and their Robots, among others. Attendance is by invitation only, and is limited to 110 participants. This includes RAC Advisory Board members, C-level executives, academics, and leaders in the industry. The format is classroom style, with many opportunities to interact with the presenters and attendees. The event offers a unique opportunity to participate in the advancement of the retail industry’s research and technology through interaction with academics and professionals by means of expert panel discussions.
More information about the conference, including the agenda, will be published here as well as on the Retail Analytics Council website.
This conference is by invitation only. Request an invitation by completing the form below.
Executive Development Program
PRI also hosts the Retail Analytics Council (RAC) Executive Development Program, a collaboration between Northwestern University and PRI, annually in Evanston, Illinois. The theme for the most recent program, held in September 2017, was Using Technology, Data and Analytics to Optimize Retail Success.
The annual RAC Executive Development Program highlights cutting-edge research from an international panel of leading retail executives and researchers, with a focus on developing retailing intelligence for today’s dynamic retailing environment. The Executive Development Program format involves presentations of research case studies and discussions around emerging areas of interest, with an emphasis placed on attendee interaction. Speakers at this one-day conference include a mix of academics and industry thought leaders. Speakers at the 2017 conference included:
- Martin Block, Professor, Northwestern University and RAC Executive Director
- Bill Connell, Executive VP, Logistics & Operations, Macy’s
- Bob Doyle, Director of Communications, Association for Advancing Automation (A3)
- Gian Fulgoni, Co-Founder and CEO, comScore, Inc.
- Martin Hitch, CEO, Bossa Nova Robotics
- Andra Keay, Managing Director, Silicon Valley Robotics
- Mark Patton, Vice President of Enterprise Architecture, GameStop
- Steven Keith Platt, Director and Research Fellow, Platt Retail Institute and Research Director, RAC
- Mototaka Sakashita, Assoc. Professor, Marketing, Keio University, Japan
- Vijay Viswanathan, Professor, Northwestern University and RAC Director
- Elizabeth Young, Commercial Strategic Analytics Consultant, Information Resources, Inc.
Visit the Retail Analytics Council website for more information about the Council’s work and future events.